If you have at least 3 out of the following signs and symptoms, you may be at risk for sleep apnea and would be greatly advised to get a sleep test done.
- Snore loudly
- Feel tired, sleepy, or fatigued in the day
- Have been observed to stop breathing, gasp, or choke in your sleep
- Suffer from hypertension
- Have a BMI>30kg/cm²
- Are more than 50 years old
- Have a neck circumference of >17 inches (Male) OR >16 inches (Female)
- Are male
We currently offer Level 3 Home Sleep Tests using the ResMed ApneaLink Air, which is an easy-to-use, small, lightweight, and compact home sleep testing device.
The ResMed ApneaLink Air is capable of recording up to 5 channels of information:
- respiratory effort
- nasal flow
- oxygen saturation
With a positional monitor built into the ApneaLink Air, it gives us the ability to analyze if it is in certain sleeping positions that your sleep disordered breathing occurs more often.
The ApneaLink Air is also able to differentiate between Obstructive Apnea, Central Apnea, and detects probable Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
- Call us at 81637620 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- A trained nurse will visit you at your given address.
- Baseline parameters: Blood Pressure, Pulse, Respiration Rate, Oxygen Saturation will be recorded.
- The nurse will ask you some questions pertaining to your medical and social history which may be related to your sleep disordered breathing.
- You will be required to do a comprehensive pre-test probability assessment questionnaire to assess your level of risk for sleep apnea
- The nurse will proceed to set up the ApneaLink Air for you, and secure all sensors to prevent any accidental removal during sleep.
- The nurse will then instruct you on the use of the device, before leaving.
- The nurse collects the device from your home or any other preferred location the next day.
- Data is downloaded and sent to one of our ENT specialists for the validation of the results.
- Our mobile general practitioner will then prescribe you with a treatment most suitable for you based on your results.
If your pre-test probability assessment shows that you are of LOW or NO risk for sleep apnea, it is not recommended that you proceed with the home sleep test. You will thus be required to pay only the nursing assessment fee of SGD45 nett.
Alternatively you may like to drop by our office at 275, Thomson Road, #01-15, Novena Regency, Singapore 307645 for your pre-test probability assessment at a cost of SGD30 nett. Please call us at 81637620 to make an appointment.
The above video shows how the ResMed Apnealink Air is used. You will not be required to set up the device or secure the device on your own as our nurse will be present to assist you.