There are generally three types of PAP (Positive Airway Pressure) therapy devices:
- CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) – a continuous and constant pressure of air is passed through your airway to keep it open.
- APAP (Automatic Positive Airway Pressure) – the pressure of air being passed through your airway to keep it open is dependent on your changing physiological needs.
- BiPAP (Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure) – the air inhaled is at a pressure higher than the air exhaled.
On the left is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her which includes 3 modes: CPAP, AutoSet, and AutoSet For Her.
On the right is the ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST which is a Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure Device which includes the CPAP mode amongst its many other modes.
The following short video (Credits: ResMed) shows how the ResMed AirSense 10 is used.
We will now explain how you can go about arranging for a trial after you have been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, or any other respiratory conditions which require you to be on PAP therapy.
- Call us at 81637620 or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Please ensure that you have your prescription or prescribing doctor’s name.
- You will be required to purchase a mask on the starting day of the trial if you are a direct patient, or if you are referred by a doctor, this might have been arranged for you at the clinic.
- A trained nurse will meet up with you at the arranged date and time at the given location.
- A mask will be fitted for you if it has not yet been done at the clinic.
- The nurse will adjust the therapeutic and comfort settings according to your needs.
- You will be briefed on how to use the device.
- Your data will be monitored on a daily basis. The nurse will contact you in the first few days to obtain feedback on the therapy, after which slight adjustments may be made to the settings.
- Do feel free to contact the nurse as often as you need to during the trial period.
- The compliance and therapy report will be given to you and your doctor at the end of the two-week period. If a trial extension is required, it can be extended at maximum for another 2 weeks on a case-to-case basis. Any further extensions will be at $60 per week for the ResMed AirsSense 10 AutoSet, and $100 per week for the ResMed Lumis 150 VPAP ST.